RPower - About Us - Left Menu
RPower - About Us - Management Team - Board of Directors
Anil Dhirubhai Ambani, Chairman - Reliance Group
Anil Dhirubhai Ambani, born on 4th June, 1959, in Mumbai.
He is the younger son of the visionary entrepreneur Shri Dhirubhai Ambani and lives with his mother Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani in Mumbai.
Graduated (B.Sc. in Science) from K.C. College, Mumbai University and MBA at Wharton, University of Pennsylvania.
He is married to former actress - Tina Munim and has two sons - Jai Anmol (25 Years) and Jai Anshul (21 Years)
He has an elder brother Mr. Mukesh Ambani and two younger sisters Mrs. Dipti Salgaocar and Mrs. Nina Kothari.
Anil Dhirubhai Ambani is one of India's leading business leaders and founder of the Reliance Group; whose constituent business enterprises are engaged in pivotal roles in the ongoing economic transformation of India.
He is the Chairman of the Reliance Group; including, Reliance Communications, Reliance Capital, Reliance Infrastructure, Reliance Power, Reliance Defence and Engineering Limited, Reliance Defence Limited and Reliance Defence Technologies Private Limited.
Anil or ADA, as he is often referred to by his colleagues, founded the Reliance Group in 2006 and in less than 10 years, the Reliance Group has built a leadership position in major growth sectors of the Indian economy, including telecommunications, generation, transmission and distribution of renewable and non-renewable sources of power, national road highways, metro rail systems, cement, financial services, education, healthcare, media and entertainment.
Key Indicators of Reliance Group :
Reliance Group is amongst India's top business houses and has one of the world's largest Shareholder/Investor base of nearly 8 million shareholders and investors. Reliance Group has assets of Rs. 3,16,000 Crore (US$ 47 billion); annual Revenues in excess of Rs. 62,400 Crore (US$ 9.3 billion); Net Worth of over Rs.1,02,000 Crore (US$15.3 billion); and nearly 1,00,000 employees.
- Reliance Aerostructure and Dassault Aviation of France set up a Joint venture to execute the largest offset order in the Indian defence sector against 36 Rafale fighter jets bought by India.
- Reliance Defence and Engineering Limited (RDEL) signed a Master Ship Repair Agreement (MSRA) with U.S. Navy to provide repair and alternation services to the 7th Fleet of U.S. Navy
- Reliance Defence has signed strategic partnership with Antanov, Ukraine for Transport Aircraft
- Reliance Defence has collaborated with Strata Manufacturing, UAE to develop advanced aerospace manufacturing capabilities.
- Reliance Defence and Rafael Advanced Defence Systems of Israel have partnered for the highly specialized areas of Air to Air Missiles, Air Defence Systems and Large Aerostats.
- Reliance Defence also has key business partnerships with global defence majors like DCNS, Safran, Thales, Elbit Systems, Abu Dhabi Ship Building (ADSB) and Emirates Defence Industries Company (EDIC)
- Reliance Life Insurance is in partnership with Nippon Life Insurance of Japan.
- Reliance Asset Management is in partnership with Nippon Life Insurance of Japan.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank (SMTB) is now one of the largest shareholders of Reliance Capital Limited, through a strategic partnership.
- Veolia Transport of France is in partnership with Mumbai Metro One Pvt. Ltd. (MMOPL) - part of Reliance Infrastructure Limited.
- Partnership with Steven Spielberg and DreamWorks Studios, USA, which has produced highly acclaimed - Oscar winning/Oscar nominated movies, such as Lincoln, War Horse, The Help and Bridge of Spies.
- Member of Wharton Board of Overseers, The Wharton School, USA.
- Member of the President's Global Council, New York University, USA.
- Member of the Advisory Board of Warwick Business School (WBS), UK.
- One of the Founders of Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad. ISB has established formal partnerships with international business schools - Wharton and Kellogg.
- Appointed by Prime Minister as Co-Chair of the India-China CEO Forum.
- Appointed by Prime Minister as Member of the US-India CEO Forum.
- Appointed by Prime Minister as Member of the Indo-French CEO Forum.
- Appointed by Prime Minister as Member of the Indo-Canada CEO Forum.
- Appointed by Prime Minister as Member of the Indo-Russia CEO Forum.
- Was elected in 2004 for a six-year term as an independent member of the Rajya Sabha, the Upper House of India's Parliament.
- Established Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital (KDAH) - state of the art 750 bed multi-speciality hospital in Mumbai.
- Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology (DA-IICT) in Gandhinagar, Gujarat - one of the foremost educational institutions.
- Mudra Institute of Communications (MICA), Ahmedabad - India's Premier Management School for Strategic Marketing and Communication.
- Harmony Art Foundation - Organises Harmony Art, India's largest annual private contemporary art show.
- Harmony for Silvers Foundation is a non-government organization working to enhance the quality of life of the elderly in India.
- Ms. Tina Anil Ambani is the Chairperson, for all Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programmes of the Group.
- Anil is a long distance marathon runner and has been running for nearly 15 years. He has successfully participated in over 50 half and full marathons.
- He is a nature and wildlife conservationist and deeply spiritual.
- Consistently featured every year as of one India's “Most Powerful and Influential Person” in the annual power list of India Today Magazine.
- Also feature in list of India's 50 Most Powerful People by the US-based Business Week magazine.
- 4th amongst the list of India's Top 100 CEOs by The Economic Times.
- Included in UK-based Financial Times' selection of 50 Most Notable Business Leaders from Emerging Markets.
- Conferred the 'CEO of the Year' by Platts Global Energy.
- Selected by Asiaweek magazine for its list of 'Leaders of the Millennium in Business and Finance' and was introduced as the only 'new hero' in Business and Finance from India.
- Awarded the First Wharton Indian Alumni Award by the Wharton India Economic Forum (WIEF)
- Rated as one of "India's Most Admired CEO's" by Business Barons
- Conferred "The Entrepreneur of the Decade Award" by the Bombay Management Association.
Off. Western Express Highway,
Mumbai 400 055
Telephone : + 91 22 3034 5522 / 3034 5534
Fax : + 91 22 3034 5577
E-mail : email@example.com
Fellow Chartered Accountant and a law graduate
Shri Sateesh Seth, 61 years, is a Fellow Chartered Accountant and a law graduate. He has vast experience in general management. Shri Sateesh Seth is also on the Board of Reliance Telecom Limited, Reliance Infrastructure Limited, Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group Limited, Reliance Defence and Aerospace Private Limited, Reliance Defence Systems Private Limited, Reliance Defence Technologies Private Limited, Reliance Defence Limited and Reliance Naval and Engineering Limited.
Whole-time Director and Chief Executive Officer
Shri K Raja Gopal, ME, MBA having over thirty-five years of industry and leadership experience in both public and private domains. A well acknowledged leader in power industry circles of the country known for deep insight, vision, team building capability, fostering strong relationships and a proven track record of execution and operation of large IPPs.
Most recently chaired the 'Association of Power Producers' (APP) and also was a member of National Committee on Power at CII and FICCI at New Delhi. In the past he has remained to be the member of Board & CEO of Lanco Group, CEO of LVS Power Limited, General Manager & Head - Project, Best Power Limited and also worked with Hindustan Cables Limited.
Bimal Julka, a name well known in Government, is an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of the 1979 batch belonging to the Madhya Pradesh Cadre. Four decades of service in the Government at both state and national levels have contributed to a stellar career graph. In the latter years of his career, Mr. Julka held key positions in the Ministries of Defence and Finance. At the pinnacle of his career, he became Secretary to Government of India in the Ministry of I&B.
From accomplishing a near impossible task as a young officer in charge of relief during the Bhopal Gas tragedy to successfully conducting FM radio auctions as Secretary, Mr. Julka, is known to be a true Karmayogi. Dealing with inconsistencies at bureaucratic levels with a firm hand and to use the principals of good governance for the larger interest of public good have been his forte. A hard hitting negotiator along with a truly democratic style of functioning has made him one of the most respected civil servants.
An exemplary service record led to his appointment as Information Commissioner at the Central Information Commission. Earlier this year he was appointed Chief Information Commissioner of India.
Shri Vijay Kumar Sharma superannuated as Chairman, Life Insurance Corporation of India on 31st December, 2018. Prior to his taking over as Chairman on 16th December 2016, he served as Chairman (In charge) from 16th September, 2016 and Managing Director, Life Insurance Corporation of India from 1st November, 2013. From December 2010 to November 2013, he served as Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, LIC Housing Finance Limited (LICHFL), a premiere housing finance company in the country.
Shri Vijay Kumar Sharma, born on 19th December, 1958 is a post-graduate from Patna University. Shri Sharma joined Life Insurance Corporation of India as Direct Recruit Officer in 1981 and grew up with the Corporation since then. He held various challenging assignments pan India and in all operational streams including in-charge positions at different levels. Working across length and breadth of the country has added immensely to his experience and honed his understanding of demographics of the country, socio-economic needs of different regions and multi-cultural challenges in implementation of Corporate’s objectives. Shri Vijay Kumar Sharma has served the Corporation for over 37 years. During his tenure, he has worked in all core areas of Life Insurance. He has vast national and international, operational and Board level experience of Financial Sector including Banking, Housing Finance, Pension & Group Insurance Business,Cards, Mutual Funds & Pension Fund. Shri Vijay Kumar Sharma has been Board member of ACC Ltd., and presently the Board member of Tata Steel Ltd. and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. and Ambika Cement Foundation. He is Chairperson of the Stakeholders’ Relationship Committee of the Board of Tata Steel Limited. He is a Member of the Safety Health and Environment Committee of the Board of Tata Steel Ltd. He is also presently the Chairman of ICEX
Smt. Chhaya Virani graduated from Mumbai University with a bachelors’ degree in Arts. She also acquired a bachelors’ degree in legislative laws from the Government Law College in 1976. She is a partner in M/s. ALMT Legal Advocates and Solicitors.
She is also on the board of Reliance Capital Limited, Reliance General Insurance Company Limited, Reliance Home Finance Limited, Reliance Capital Pension Fund Limited and Reliance Corporate Advisory Services Limited.