RPower - About Us - Left Menu
RPower - About Us - Management Team - Board of Directors
Anil Dhirubhai Ambani, Chairman - Reliance Group
Anil Dhirubhai Ambani, born on 4th June, 1959, in Mumbai.
He is the younger son of the visionary entrepreneur Shri Dhirubhai Ambani and lives with his mother Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani in Mumbai.
Graduated (B.Sc. in Science) from K.C. College, Mumbai University and MBA at Wharton, University of Pennsylvania.
He is married to former actress - Tina Munim and has two sons - Jai Anmol (25 Years) and Jai Anshul (21 Years)
He has an elder brother Mr. Mukesh Ambani and two younger sisters Mrs. Dipti Salgaocar and Mrs. Nina Kothari.
Anil Dhirubhai Ambani is one of India's leading business leaders and founder of the Reliance Group; whose constituent business enterprises are engaged in pivotal roles in the ongoing economic transformation of India.
He is the Chairman of the Reliance Group; including, Reliance Communications, Reliance Capital, Reliance Infrastructure, Reliance Power, Reliance Defence and Engineering Limited, Reliance Defence Limited and Reliance Defence Technologies Private Limited.
Anil or ADA, as he is often referred to by his colleagues, founded the Reliance Group in 2006 and in less than 10 years, the Reliance Group has built a leadership position in major growth sectors of the Indian economy, including telecommunications, generation, transmission and distribution of renewable and non-renewable sources of power, national road highways, metro rail systems, cement, financial services, education, healthcare, media and entertainment.
Key Indicators of Reliance Group :
Reliance Group is amongst India's top business houses and has one of the world's largest Shareholder/Investor base of nearly 8 million shareholders and investors. Reliance Group has assets of Rs. 3,16,000 Crore (US$ 47 billion); annual Revenues in excess of Rs. 62,400 Crore (US$ 9.3 billion); Net Worth of over Rs.1,02,000 Crore (US$15.3 billion); and nearly 1,00,000 employees.
- Reliance Aerostructure and Dassault Aviation of France set up a Joint venture to execute the largest offset order in the Indian defence sector against 36 Rafale fighter jets bought by India.
- Reliance Defence and Engineering Limited (RDEL) signed a Master Ship Repair Agreement (MSRA) with U.S. Navy to provide repair and alternation services to the 7th Fleet of U.S. Navy
- Reliance Defence has signed strategic partnership with Antanov, Ukraine for Transport Aircraft
- Reliance Defence has collaborated with Strata Manufacturing, UAE to develop advanced aerospace manufacturing capabilities.
- Reliance Defence and Rafael Advanced Defence Systems of Israel have partnered for the highly specialized areas of Air to Air Missiles, Air Defence Systems and Large Aerostats.
- Reliance Defence also has key business partnerships with global defence majors like DCNS, Safran, Thales, Elbit Systems, Abu Dhabi Ship Building (ADSB) and Emirates Defence Industries Company (EDIC)
- Reliance Life Insurance is in partnership with Nippon Life Insurance of Japan.
- Reliance Asset Management is in partnership with Nippon Life Insurance of Japan.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank (SMTB) is now one of the largest shareholders of Reliance Capital Limited, through a strategic partnership.
- Veolia Transport of France is in partnership with Mumbai Metro One Pvt. Ltd. (MMOPL) - part of Reliance Infrastructure Limited.
- Partnership with Steven Spielberg and DreamWorks Studios, USA, which has produced highly acclaimed - Oscar winning/Oscar nominated movies, such as Lincoln, War Horse, The Help and Bridge of Spies.
- Member of Wharton Board of Overseers, The Wharton School, USA.
- Member of the President's Global Council, New York University, USA.
- Member of the Advisory Board of Warwick Business School (WBS), UK.
- One of the Founders of Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad. ISB has established formal partnerships with international business schools - Wharton and Kellogg.
- Appointed by Prime Minister as Co-Chair of the India-China CEO Forum.
- Appointed by Prime Minister as Member of the US-India CEO Forum.
- Appointed by Prime Minister as Member of the Indo-French CEO Forum.
- Appointed by Prime Minister as Member of the Indo-Canada CEO Forum.
- Appointed by Prime Minister as Member of the Indo-Russia CEO Forum.
- Was elected in 2004 for a six-year term as an independent member of the Rajya Sabha, the Upper House of India's Parliament.
- Established Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital (KDAH) - state of the art 750 bed multi-speciality hospital in Mumbai.
- Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology (DA-IICT) in Gandhinagar, Gujarat - one of the foremost educational institutions.
- Mudra Institute of Communications (MICA), Ahmedabad - India's Premier Management School for Strategic Marketing and Communication.
- Harmony Art Foundation - Organises Harmony Art, India's largest annual private contemporary art show.
- Harmony for Silvers Foundation is a non-government organization working to enhance the quality of life of the elderly in India.
- Ms. Tina Anil Ambani is the Chairperson, for all Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programmes of the Group.
- Anil is a long distance marathon runner and has been running for nearly 15 years. He has successfully participated in over 50 half and full marathons.
- He is a nature and wildlife conservationist and deeply spiritual.
- Consistently featured every year as of one India's “Most Powerful and Influential Person” in the annual power list of India Today Magazine.
- Also feature in list of India's 50 Most Powerful People by the US-based Business Week magazine.
- 4th amongst the list of India's Top 100 CEOs by The Economic Times.
- Included in UK-based Financial Times' selection of 50 Most Notable Business Leaders from Emerging Markets.
- Conferred the 'CEO of the Year' by Platts Global Energy.
- Selected by Asiaweek magazine for its list of 'Leaders of the Millennium in Business and Finance' and was introduced as the only 'new hero' in Business and Finance from India.
- Awarded the First Wharton Indian Alumni Award by the Wharton India Economic Forum (WIEF)
- Rated as one of "India's Most Admired CEO's" by Business Barons
- Conferred "The Entrepreneur of the Decade Award" by the Bombay Management Association.
Off. Western Express Highway,
Mumbai 400 055
Telephone : + 91 22 3034 5522 / 3034 5534
Fax : + 91 22 3034 5577
E-mail : email@example.com
Fellow Chartered Accountant and a law graduate
Shri Sateesh Seth, 61 years, is a Fellow Chartered Accountant and a law graduate. He has vast experience in general management. Shri Sateesh Seth is also on the Board of Reliance Telecom Limited, Reliance Infrastructure Limited, Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group Limited, Reliance Defence and Aerospace Private Limited, Reliance Defence Systems Private Limited, Reliance Defence Technologies Private Limited, Reliance Defence Limited and Reliance Naval and Engineering Limited.
Whole-time Director and Chief Executive Officer
Shri K Raja Gopal, ME, MBA having over thirty-five years of industry and leadership experience in both public and private domains. A well acknowledged leader in power industry circles of the country known for deep insight, vision, team building capability, fostering strong relationships and a proven track record of execution and operation of large IPPs.
Most recently chaired the 'Association of Power Producers' (APP) and also was a member of National Committee on Power at CII and FICCI at New Delhi. In the past he has remained to be the member of Board & CEO of Lanco Group, CEO of LVS Power Limited, General Manager & Head - Project, Best Power Limited and also worked with Hindustan Cables Limited.
Former Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of BHEL
Shri K Ravikumar, 67 years, is appointed as an Independent Director with effect from September 26, 2017.
He is the former Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), the USD 7 billion organization that ranks among the leading companies engaged in the field of power plant equipment. As CMD, he was responsible for maximizing market-share and establishing BHEL as a total solution provider in the power sector. The company was ranked 9th in terms of market capitalization in India during his tenure at BHEL. He had handled a variety of assignments during his long career spanning over 36 years. His areas of expertise are design and engineering, construction and project management of thermal, hydro, nuclear, gas based power plants and marketing of power projects.
Shri Ravikumar had the unique distinction of having booked USD 25 billion order for BHEL. His vision was to transform BHEL into a world class engineering enterprise. Towards this, he has been pursuing a growth strategy based on the twin plans of building both capacity and capability and this has resulted in an increase in BHEL's manufacturing capacity from 10,000 MW to 20,000 MW per annum. He also introduced new technologies in the field of coal and gas based power plants for the first time in the country such as super critical thermal sets of 660 MW and above rating, advance class gas turbines large size CFBC boilers and large size nuclear sets. BHEL has the distinction of having installed over 1,00,000 MW of power plant equipment worldwide.
Shri Ravikumar had also forged a number of strategic tie-ups for BHEL with leading Indian utilities and corporates like NTPC Limited, Tamil Nadu State Electricity Board, Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited, Spel Conductors Limited, Heavy Engineering Corporation Limited to leverage equipment sales and develop alternate sources for equipment needed for the country. He had guided BHEL's technology strategy to maintain the technology edge in the marketplace with a judicious mix of internal development of technologies with selective external co-operation. He had focused on meeting the customer expectation and has strengthened BHEL's image as a total solution provider.
He possesses M. Tech Degree from the Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai besides Post-Graduate Diploma in Business Administration. He was conferred Alumini Awards from the Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai and the National Institute of Information Technology, Trichy and is at present the Chairman of BOG National Institute of Information Technology, Mizoram. He has published a number of research papers in the fields of power and electronics.
He is also a director on the Board of SPEL Semiconductor Limited and Reliance Infrastructure Limited.
Partner in Mulla & Mulla & Craige, Blunt & Caroe, Advocates, Solicitors & Notaries
Shri D. J. Kakalia, 68 years, is a Commerce and Law Graduate from the University of Bombay. He was enrolled as an Advocate of the Bombay High Court in 1973 and qualified as a Solicitor from Bombay in 1976. He also qualified as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England in 1982.
He is a partner of Mulla & Mulla & Craigie Blunt & Caroe, Advocates and Solicitors.
He commenced his practice as a commercial Lawyer having built an extensive transaction practice and court practice having a wide background in corporate commercial matters, setting up of Joint Ventures, Mergers and Acquisitions, ADRs and GDRs as well as real estate transactions and disputes and litigations related to these sectors and areas of practice and has also extensive experience in the power sector.
He specializes in power sector litigation and Projects, acting for large Power Companies and has advised consortium for the bids with respect to the 4,000 MW Ultra Mega Power Projects that have been proposed by the Power Finance Corporation of India. He regularly appears before the MERC, the Bombay High Court and in the Supreme Court of India with respect to various litigations in relation to disputes including in the power sector.He specializes in the power sector litigation and Projects, acting for large Power Companies and has advised consortium for the bids with respect to the 4,000 MW Ultra Mega Power Projects that have been proposed by the Power Finance Corporation of India. Has regularly appeared before the MERC, the Bombay High Court and in the Supreme Court of India with respect to various litigations in relation to disputes including in the power sector.
He was a Lecturer in law at K. C. Law College (University of Bombay) and was also appointed as an examiner by the University of Bombay.
He is a Director of Companies of repute including Aditya Birla Finance Limited, Hercules Hoists Limited, Escorts Limited, Reliance Broadcast Network Limited and Rosa Power Supply Company Limited.
Solicitor with the Bombay Incorporated Law Society and Law Society London
Smt. Rashna Khan, 53 years, a Law graduate from Government Law College Mumbai (University of Bombay) and qualified as a Solicitor with the Bombay Incorporated Law Society and Law Society London.
Smt. Khan has worked with Mulla & Mulla & Craigie Blunt & Caroe, Advocates and Solicitors and with Dhruve Liladhar & Co., Advocates and Solicitors, in various capacities before she became partner of Mulla & Mulla & Craigie Blunt & Caroe, Advocates and Solicitors, since the year 2009.
She specializes in the field of civil litigation including attending matters in the High Court, Supreme Court, Company Law Board, Income Tax Tribunal, Arbitration, Customs, Excise and Service Tax Appellate Tribunal, Opinion and documentation work.
She is also on the Board of The Supreme Industries Limited, Vidarbha Industries Power Limited (VIPL) and Sasan Power Limiuted.