“Organisations, like individuals, can only survive, sustain and grow with the support and goodwill of the local communities” - Shri. Dhirubhai H Ambani, Our Founder Chairman.
What are we intending to achieve
At Reliance, we firmly believe in our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are aware of our commitment to local communities for ensuring sustainable development. Therefore, we lay high emphasis on understanding the requirements of the local community and embark on initiatives, expending considerable resources, which create long-term societal benefits.
We take utmost care in the selection of community interventions we initiate. Our prime endeavor is to remain focused on creating long-term wealth creation for all local community members irrespective of their gender, ethnic and religious backgrounds.
Being a conglomerate with diverse business interests, across various segments of economy, we are in a position to integrate our services, let that be communication, financial services, entertainment and others. We explore to amalgamate potential benefits one segment of the business may offer to the others so that a holistic solution addressing the needs and concerns of local community is found.
Our Guiding Principles
We strive to impact local community in a positive and vibrant manner. Our social development policies are based on the following guiding principles:
- Honor spirit of law and be a responsible corporate citizen.
- Pursue growth through harmony with global community via innovative management.
- Adopt an approach aiming to achieve greater balance between social & economic development.
- Respect culture and customs of every project / plant location.
- Work towards elimination of societal barriers such as poverty, social class, disability and others.
- Develop practices aimed at inclusive growth.
- Foster a corporate culture that enhances both individual creativity and value of teamwork.
- Aim to provide clean electricity and thrust on Energy Conservation and Environment Protection.
Our greatest strength is that we look at our community interventions as part of our business, not post-profit philanthropy.
Our Focus Areas
Based on the annual plans approved, we participate in multiple community interventions. Although, our community interventions depend on the requirements of local community, our thrust is towards education, healthcare, sanitation, sustainable livelihoods, community infrastructure development, etc.
We partner with government bodies, district authorities, non-governmental organizations, village panchayats, women self-help groups and end beneficiaries, who are mostly villagers in neighbourhood areas. For some specific interventions, we partner with external agencies which have domain expertise in respective fields transforming the landscapes.
Some of our Involvements:
- Construction & renovation of school buildings.
- Formal and non-formal education.
- Child labour schools.
- Girl child education.
- Digital literacy through computer education.
- Remedial centers.
- Merit-cum-means scholarships to students.
- Free supply of note books and text books.
- Free medical camps (general and multi-specialty with specialist doctors).
- Mobile clinics with doctors and paramedical staff.
- Free ambulance services.
- Awareness programmes for women and adolescent girls.
- Blood donation camps.
- Construction of household toilets.
- Construction of toilets for children in the schools.
- Awareness campaigns.
- Women empowerment.
- Women and Farmer Self Help Groups for Micro-enterprise development.
- Skill development and Vocational training.
- Integrated livestock & agriculture development.
- Introduction of high yield agricultural crops.
- Renewable Micro off-grids.
Community Infrastructure Development
- Safe drinking water to communities.
- Water storage structures.
- Construction of community centers.
- Construction of Roads.